Rocky Branch RetreatYour Blue Ridge Mountain Getaway in the Shenandoah Valley
Welcome to the Rocky Branch Retreat!
The Rocky Branch Retreat is nestled on 90 acres in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains 6 miles east of Luray, Virginia, largely bordered by the Shenandoah National Park.
Facing west, the chalet features a spectacular view of the Page Valley and gorgeous sunsets. Wood paneling sawn from native black walnut trees logged from the surrounding forest graces the interior. The two massive wood burning fireplaces are built of stone gleaned from the adjacent fields.
We are open year-round, weather permitting.
Our Amenities include:
- Four bedrooms, two and a half baths
- Master suite with private balcony and bath (shower)
- Full bath on main level, with tub
- 2 futon sleep sofas in great room
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, disposal, refrigerator with ice maker
- Great room with skylights, cathedral ceiling, and floor to ceiling fieldstone fireplace
- Basement recreation room with Brunswick slate pool table and fieldstone fireplace
- Screen porch with swing and rockers
- Satellite TV, VCR, Stereo with CD and Cassette, video library
- Central heat and air conditioning
- Wall unit in master suite
- Barbecue pavilion with grill, lights, and water
- Extensive library of assorted novels
- Private stocked fishing pond, no license required
- Weekend Rate: Friday to Sunday: $350.00
- Long Weekend Rate: Thursday to Sunday or Friday to Monday:$450.00
- Week: (7 days,6 nights): $800.00
- Midweek: Per night: $145.00
- Pets are permitted @ $10.00 per night
- Rates listed are for up to eight (8) people.
- Rates listed do not include 10.3% sales and lodging tax
- Linens and towels are not furnished
- Pillows, Blankets and Comforters are provided
- Firewood is provided
- DSL Acess in our cabin
- Pets are Permitted, see rates for details
- We are a NON-SMOKING facility
- Sorry, no ATV or off-road vehicles permitted
Drive Times to Rocky Branch Retreat (approximate)
- Directions will be provided to you with your confirmation.
- Northern Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia: 2 hours
- Richmond or Baltimore: 2 1/2 hours
- Tidewater: 4 hours
Deposits are refundable, less a $35.00 processing fee, if notice of cancellation is received at least 21 days before the date of arrival. If notice is received less than 21 days prior to the arrival date, a refund will be issued only if those dates are rebooked.
A well-behaved, house-broken pet is allowed at the Rocky Branch Retreat only, under no circumstances are pets allowed at the River House. There is a $10.00 per night pet charge. Pet charge does not cover any pet-caused damage.
Over-occupancy can be a serious health and safety issue. You are limited to the number of guests listed above. We do reserve the right to enter our property at any time.
Notice to our Guests
Our cabins are designed to be quiet and restful retreats from the stress of everyday life, enjoying relaxed comeraderie and fellowship with friends and family. If you are looking for a location to play loud music, party all night, or other similar behavior we suggest you look elsewhere.