The River HouseRelax on the Shenandoah River
Welcome to the River House!
The River House is located on the scenic Shenandoah River 5 miles North of Luray in Virginia’s fabled Shenandoah Valley. Featuring four bedrooms, two full baths, den, fully-equipped kitchen and a screen porch.
The River House is the perfect setting for a family get-together, romantic weekend getaway, or simply a gathering of friends. Enjoy early mornings and sunsets from the huge deck overlooking the Shenandoah River or relax and unwind in the circular hot tub.
Beginners or veteran fishermen will find a paradise with 200 feet of private river frontage on the Shenandoah River, named one of the top 10 smallmouth bass fishing rivers in the nation by Field & Stream Magazine. Enjoy watching canoes and kayaks float lazily by, or read and sunbathe on the deck.
Our Amenities includes:
The River House is the perfect spot for a relaxing and invigorating retreat
- 4 Bedrooms / 2 Baths
- Sleeps 8-10
- Gas Fireplace
- Utensils Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Charcoal Grill
- Covered Parking
- 3rd Outdoor Bathroom
- Riverfront Firepit
- WiFi available in our cabin
- Weekend Rate: Friday to Sunday: $400.00
- Long Weekend Rate: Thursday to Sunday or Friday to Monday:$500.00
- Week: (7 days,6 nights):$860.00
- Midweek: Per night: $155.00
- Rates listed are for up to eight (8) people.
- Rates listed do not include 10.3% sales and lodging tax
- Rates listed are for up to eight (8) people
- Mid June – Mid August may require full week reservations
- Linens and towels are not furnished
- Sorry, pets are not allowed.
- We are a NON-SMOKING facility
- Sorry, no ATV or off-road vehicles permitted
Drive Times to Rocky Branch Retreat (approximate)
- Directions will be provided to you with your confirmation.
- Northern Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia: 2 hours
- Richmond or Baltimore: 2 1/2 hours
- Tidewater: 4 hours
Deposits are refundable, less a $35.00 processing fee, if notice of cancellation is received at least 21 days before the date of arrival. If notice is received less than 21 days prior to the arrival date, a refund will be issued only if those dates are rebooked.
A well-behaved, house-broken pet is allowed at the Rocky Branch Retreat only, under no circumstances are pets allowed at the River House. There is a $10.00 per night pet charge. Pet charge does not cover any pet-caused damage.
Over-occupancy can be a serious health and safety issue. You are limited to the number of guests listed above. We do reserve the right to enter our property at any time.
Notice to our Guests
Our cabins are designed to be quiet and restful retreats from the stress of everyday life, enjoying relaxed comeraderie and fellowship with friends and family. If you are looking for a location to play loud music, party all night, or other similar behavior we suggest you look elsewhere.