Links to Local AttractionsThere's lots to see and do in Luray / Page County VA
Local Information and Helpful Links
- Shenandoah National Park: Thornton Gap Entrance. Enjoy hiking, stunning vistas,
ranger-guided tours, and more in Virginia’s “Mountain Playground”
- Biking and hiking in the Shenandoah Valley: Be sure to enjoy a walk on the Hawksbill Greenway in Luray.
- George Washington and Jefferson National Forests: 1.8 million acre offer scenic drives,
hiking & biking, swimming, boating horseback riding and other activities
- Luray Caverns: Virginia’s largest lighted caverns and most popular caverns in the East.
See the antique transportation collection at the Car and Carriage Caravan.
- Lake Arrowhead: freshwater lake and recreation area operated by the town of Luray. Fishing, swimming, sand beach, picnicking and nature trail.
- Historic Downtown Luray: Theater, restaurants, antiques and art galleries and craft shops.
- The Luray Zoo has Virginia’s largest live reptile collection and is known for being a fantastic rescue zoo.
- Guided trail rides: on horseback are available at both Skyland Stables and Fort Valley and Jordan Hollow Stables.
- Historical buildings & tours: the Mauck Meeting House, the White House Bridge, Calendine, Massanutten School and Hamburg Country Store.
- New Market Battlefield, Hall of Valor Museum
- Shenandoah River, canoe, tube, fish and swim in this scenic river.
- George Washington National Forest: Lots of trails to hike and wonderful scenery
- Golfing: is available at Luray Caverns Country Club and Shenvalee Golf Resort in New Market.
- Wineries: Discover the Blue Ridge Whisky Wine Loop and Wisteria Vineyard is located in Stanley, VA just a few minutes drive from Luray.
Within an hour drive:
- 1st Manassas and 2nd Manassas Battlefield National Park
- Jackson’s Valley Campaign of 1862
An hour and a half drive:
- Washington, D.C.
- Thomas Jefferson’s home, “Monticello”, in Charlottesville
- Fredericksburg, Wilderness, Chancellorsville Battlefield National Parks
- Antietam and Harper’s Ferry Battlefield National Parks
- Vienna Metrorail Station, 30 minute trip to Washington, D.C. via Metro